meson press publishes research on digital cultures and networked media. Our open access publications challenge contemporary theories and advance key debates in the humanities of today.
We combine a rigorous peer-review with hybrid formats and collaborative production methods. As a cooperative, meson press is organized in a participated setup. This allows scholars to take part in a publishing venture by academics for academics and for everyone else who is curious about theory.
In the hybrid environment of today’s scholarly publishing, form follows function in a new manner. meson press books take pride in the haptic elegance of print and are designed to transfer this to a digital set-up. To ensure this, our print and digital editions have been developed in collaboration with the Berlin based book and web designers Torsten Köchlin and Silke Krieg.
meson press books are printed on-demand and distributed worldwide to be available far beyond Europe including the UK, US, and South America. Our digital editions are available for free download on the internet. To ensure the authors’ rights as well as the openness of published monographs, meson press is committed to publish under a Creative Commons CC-BY-SA license if possible.
meson press is a cooperative initiated by Mercedes Bunz, Marcus Burkhardt and Andreas Kirchner, and grew out of the Hybrid Publishing Lab, Leuphana University of Lüneburg that looked into the effects of digitalization on academic communication and publishing.
- Cambridge University Library
- Coventry University Library
- Lancaster University Library
- Liverpool John Moores University Library
- Macalester University Library
- University of Arizona Libraries
- University of Bristol Library
- University of California Santa Barbara Library
- University of Liverpool Library
- University of Loughborough Library
- University of Manchester Library
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- University of Salford Library
- University of Sussex Library
- University of York Library